Stone Care and Maintenance
Granite Care and Use
- Hot pans can be placed on surface with no harm to tops.
- Dried food can be removed with a fresh razor blade.
- Everyday cleaning can be done with a pH balanced, non-abrasive, mild dish soap.
- Buffing top after cleaning (with a terry cloth towel) prevents streaking.
- Do NOT use abrasive cleaners including soft scrub.
- The counter is sealed; however, any oily spills or splatter should be wiped off immediately. Tops have still been known to stain after extended exposure.
Marble Care and Use
- Nothing acidic should be placed on marble tops because it will remove the finish (example: nail polish, plant water, perfume).
- Tops will scratch so anything that is abrasive should not be set on it.
- Due to the fact that marble is breakable, you should never stand on it.